5718 Westheimer Road
Suite 1100
Houston, TX 77057

Tel: 800.878.1807 (U.S. Toll Free)
Tel: 950.4034.8985 (中国直拨)
Fax: 866.608.2766
Email: contact@niwus.com 

Liu & Associates

  • Home
    Home This is where you can find all the blog posts throughout the site.
  • Categories
    Categories Displays a list of categories from this blog.
  • Login
    Login Login form

How can I extend H-1B status for one (1) year at a time beyond the six-year maximum period?

Posted by on in H-1B Temporary Worker
  • Font size: Larger Smaller
  • Hits: 6199
  • Subscribe to this entry
  • Print

You will be able to extend H-1B status in one-year increments beyond the six-year limit if your Labor Certification application (Form ETA-9089) or your employment-based immigrant petition (Form I-140) has been pending for 365 days or more. Therefore, to be eligible for the one-year extension at a time, a Labor Certification application or I-140 petition must be filed before the H-1B reaches the 6th year.

Request A Free Evaluation