5718 Westheimer Road
Suite 1100
Houston, TX 77057

Tel: 800.878.1807 (U.S. Toll Free)
Tel: 950.4034.8985 (中国直拨)
Fax: 866.608.2766
Email: contact@niwus.com 

Liu & Associates

Can a J-2 apply independently from the J-1 for a waiver of the two-year home residence requirement?

In cases of death or divorce from the J-1, or when a J-2 child reaches age 21, the Waiver Review Division may entertain requests for waivers on behalf of the J-2. The Division will need a completed data sheet, DS-2019/IAP-66 forms of the J-1, divorce decree or death certificate, whichever is applicable, and, for a dependent son or daughter turning 21, a copy of his/her birth certificate.

Can I serve my two-year home residence requirement...
If the J-1 obtains a recommendation for waiver of ...

By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://www.niwus.com/

Request A Free Evaluation