5718 Westheimer Road
Suite 1100
Houston, TX 77057

Tel: 800.878.1807 (U.S. Toll Free)
Tel: 950.4034.8985 (中国直拨)
Fax: 866.608.2766
Email: contact@niwus.com 

Liu & Associates

  • Home
    Home This is where you can find all the blog posts throughout the site.
  • Categories
    Categories Displays a list of categories from this blog.
  • Login
    Login Login form

I am currently in H-1B status and will change employer. When can I work for the new employer?

Posted by on in H-1B Temporary Worker
  • Font size: Larger Smaller
  • Hits: 6225
  • Subscribe to this entry
  • Print

According to the H-1B portability rule, you can start to work for the new employer after your new employer properly files the H-1B petition in your behalf. You do not need to wait till the new H-1B approval to change your employment. For more information about H-1B portability, please read our special section on H-1B Portability Issues Related to Change of Employer.

Request A Free Evaluation