5718 Westheimer Road
Suite 1100
Houston, TX 77057

Tel: 800.878.1807 (U.S. Toll Free)
Tel: 950.4034.8985 (中国直拨)
Fax: 866.608.2766
Email: contact@niwus.com 

Liu & Associates

  • Home
    Home This is where you can find all the blog posts throughout the site.
  • Categories
    Categories Displays a list of categories from this blog.
  • Login
    Login Login form

How do I know whether my job is a “specialty occupation”?

Posted by on in H-1B Temporary Worker
  • Font size: Larger Smaller
  • Hits: 6352
  • Subscribe to this entry
  • Print

While some occupations are clearly “specialty occupations” as defined by laws and regulations, others are not so clear and the USCIS will make a decision on a case-by-case basis. For some professions such as computer programmer, general manager, librarian, consultant, designer, etc., determination of “specialty occupation” is an extremely complicated process and many factors should be considered. We suggest that H-1B petitioners or beneficiaries consult with an experienced immigration attorney regarding their specific cases.

Request A Free Evaluation