Liu & Associates
What are the bases upon which I can obtain a waiver of the two-year residence requirement?
There are five statutory bases upon which you can apply for a waiver of the two-year foreign residence requirement:
- a no objection statement from your home government,
- a request from an interested U.S. Government agency on your behalf,
- a claim that you will be persecuted if you return to your country of residence,
- a claim of exceptional hardship to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse or child if you are required to return to your country of residence, and
- request by a designated State health agency or its equivalent.